Sunday, January 4, 2009

My Oldest turned 10!!! When did I get this old?

For my oldest's birthday we went to Amazing Jakes. It was a half day at school so we got there around 1 pm, had some lunch, and then hit the floor. I bought 3 hour ride passes and we had so much fun with minature golf, lazer tag, bumper cars, go carts, roller coasters and more.

For the first ride of the afternoon we chose the Mini Coaster. Lou was a little worried at first but Magoo begged and I let him go. The ride went around twice and Magoo shrieked like a banshee.

This is where he ended up for almost the rest of the day. I guess I picked the wrong ride to start with.

Emmie chilled out the whole time. Now that she sits up on her own she is enjoying a whole new type of freedom.

Look! My boys do like each other sometimes.

The big man tackles the big wall.

Lou wanted to try the wall also (she said that this time she was big enough) but after an attempt and a smile she gave her harness to the big boys for their fun.

Bug joined Lou in her love of all things spinny and fast (before he threw up).

Finally, 2 minutes before the unlimited pass expired, he let me take him on the carousel. He held his frown for most of the ride but a smile creeped in at the very end. It didn't stick around for too long though. He wanted to go again but the ride pass expired so I said no and he wasn't very happy with me.

Lou always looks like a model mugging for the cameras.

Half way through the fun Russel, Lindsay, and Calvin showed up to join in the fun.
Calvin seemed to enjoy all the food and noise. If my kids do anything for Calvin it would be entertain him.

Uncle Russel felt a old standing in the lazer tag line but I bet he didn't let his age stop him from beating the little kids at tag and rubbing it in.

Once the unlimited passes ran out we went back to open presents and eat diner. I am all about getting my money's worth.

All the fun took its toll. Even on the big kids.

You can always count on Magoo to eat his weight in pizza.

Everyone loves the baby.

1 comment:

KarenR said...

I wish we could have been there for the party.
I thought I knew Russ, but who is that shaggy man in line with the kids for laser tag? They don't have barbers and razors in AZ? Or is he growing it out to donate to science? Love MomR