Saturday, January 10, 2009

Christmas Eve

For the first time ever we got a live Christmas tree. I was so excited and the guy gave us a deal(I think. I've never gotten a live tree before. $25 for the tree and the stand). I picked it out and left the rest up to the professionals.

Once we found the perfect tree, we had to get it home. Luckily we are just ghetto enough to make it work. We ran into trouble when we realized we didn't have a hammer at home to get the stand on the tree so we had to transport it all together. We ended up using a blanket we had just purchased (because it is cold here!!!).

Danny does the hard part. It is worse with the fake tree. If we don't continue getting live trees, we are getting a prelit one next year for sure.

This is the finished product.

Magoo loves Christmas trees. We have to watch him because ornaments will dissapear. Thanksgoodness for "shatterproof."

These are my beautiful girls.

This is Koby opening his Christmas Eve present. He's a looker (he looks the most like his dad to me).

This is my little angel's first present ever. She feasted on the paper a little later.

I know it looks like Lou is in pain but this is her overexcited at the prospect of presents face. She really gets into it.

As a child, every year for Christmas Eve (that I can remember) my parents gave us PJ's. I thought this was a fun tradition and we have carried it on in my family. Recently I shared this with my mother only to discover that the only reason she gave us pajamas was so that her kids didn't look like beggars half naked in her Christmas morning pictures.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Love the photo of your girls!!