Sunday, January 4, 2009

The Big Move

We didn't order a big enough moving truck. I guess when we said 2300 sq ft house they didn't count on Mormons with 5 kids. We ended up leaving a few things behind (desk, rocker, grill...) but every little thing I could fit got shoved into the van with the kids and the necessities. It made for a cozy trip.

This is the passenger side. I had the move things just right so I could use the mirror because the back window was completely blocked.


This is a shot of the back seat. The kids were actually being good for a minute.

This is the floor in front of the back seat. No room to even walk.

On Sunday morning (the second day of our drive) we woke up early in an Amirillo hotel room after a long night of vomit and dogs barking (the hotel was "pet friendly") we got on the road early. I was a little punch drunk and forund great humor in seeing "The Largest Cross in the Western Hemisphere", I called my mom and couldn't stop laughing. I think she was a little worried about me. I was going to exit just for fun but decided to just pull to the side of the road. Some of the impact of the enormity of it is lost but I still chuckle a little when I look at the pictures.



In the end, we made it safe and sound.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Looks like a great adventure!!! You should get your eldest a rip stick...they arn't as bad as you might think. If landon can do it, I am sure he can.